Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Great Expectations

Great Expectations

 

We all want to be happy. We all want to be successful.

Don’t sell yourself short by expecting little of situations and of others.

Yes, we may have all been let down at some point, or felt defeated by something. We have to remember that the reason we do things and why we make plans is because we have goals and passion to see something play out.

 

So why not be optimistic? Think the BEST case, and not the worst case scenario. Be smart and have a backup plan, but stay positive.

 

There seems to be such a negative tone these days that I often hear, “I’ve learned not to expect much.” That’s sad!

Why not have high expectations? Personally, I used to believe what people told me, “don’t expect much, and you won’t be let down.” I admit I was lead to believe that was realistic, but something inside me always made me think that wasn't a healthy thought.

 

I have extremely high expectations. I have high expectations of myself, my family, my friends, and projects that I embark on. I want great things in life. I work hard. I'm determined, and I want to see my dreams become a reality. Not to mention, I genuinely want to see those around me succeed.

 

Expectations should be realistic. However, it seems as though we have lost a little faith in what we truly expect. This may not be applied to all people and all circumstances, rather a general thought to mull over.

 

To further elaborate...

Do we set realistic deadlines? Do we stick to deadlines?

Are we punctual? Do we offer consequences?

Do we motivate and inspire others to follow through? Do we offer incentives?

 

Do we think and believe that there’s a chance “it” could be better than imaged rather than thinking the worst case?

Do we trust people? Are we being fair (to ourselves/our hard work/others involved)?

 

I have an overly generous heart, and often give people the benefit of the doubt. I’ve learned my fair share of lessons, but I continue to see the positive in things (with my guard up when needed).

 

Not everything will turnout the way we hope. Accept the outcome, forgive, learn the lesson and move forward. 

As long as we expect positive results, think with an optimistic mindset and stay determined to succeed then we walk away from the situation with a WIN.

 

Set standards and expect them to be met.

Continue to put your mind and heart into the things you want in your life.

 Along the way be sure to encourage yourself and your partners of the hard work put it, and the great outcome that is yet ahead.

 

Give yourself credit and those around you.

Have great expectations!

No comments:

Post a Comment